Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Six months


It's hard to believe my babies are already six months old — and growing like weeds. Here's what they're up to now.


Henry:

  • Weighed 16 pounds 12 ounces and was 26.5 inches long at his six-month checkup
  • Has hit a major growth spurt (obviously) and wants to eat every two hours now
  • Is still a very happy baby, especially in the morning
  • Loves to suck on his thumbs and try to stuff both fists in his mouth
  • Still refuses a pacifier (not necessarily good, since it'll be harder to break the thumb-sucking)
  • Loves to be sung to and coos along when I sing
  • Is REALLY close to giggling and actually laughed at a grandma in the store on Saturday
  • Fits into six-month clothes but is still mainly wearing three-month clothes
  • Has become a serial roller and constantly rolls to his tummy when he's lying on his playmat
  • Loves to sleep on his tummy now and has started rolling in his crib (which scares me)
  • Grabs toys, especially rings, and plays with them
  • Is finally starting to grow some hair, and it looks like it will be brown
  • Has pretty greenish-brown eyes that also look blue when he wears blue
  • Likes to babble, especially when he's laying by Norah
  • Still can't sit up on his own but is already trying to army crawl


Norah:

  • Weighed 14 pounds 6 ounces and was 26 inches long at her six-month checkup
  • Is a chatterbox and babbles all the time, especially when we change her diaper or when she's lying on her playmat grabbing toys
  • Gives us huge gummy smiles when she wakes up (five minutes after we put her in her crib) and wants to be held
  • Loves to lay on her side now when she sleeps, which is adorable
  • Currently has no interest in rolling to her tummy and will roll to her back when I try to get her to support her weight on her stomach
  • Still wears three-month clothes and a few 0-3 month pants and has a skinny waist
  • Has tiny feet, and all her socks fall off because of it
  • Likes to be snuggled and lay on her dad's chest
  • Unfortunately has had a red rash on her face and neck for the past few weeks because of her drooling, but it's getting better
  • Has gorgeous green-brown eyes and really long eyelashes
  • Still loves her pacifier and will usually go back to sleep in the middle of the night if we give it to her
  • Sits really well in the Bumbo, but can't sit on her own
  • Is getting long, fuzzy brown hair
  • Likes to grab at faces, including mine, Henry's and Andrew's
  • Doesn't like to roll over, but she scoots around constantly (often ending up at the foot of her crib)
If you can't tell, this blog has morphed into my online scrapbook for Henry and Norah, because I simply don't have the time or energy to blog anymore. I have so many posts I want to write, and I'm hoping to have one day soon where I don't choose sleep over blogging. I update my Instagram much more frequently, so you can follow me there to see what's happening.

Just know that I haven't forgotten you, and I want to visit your blogs! I hope to get there soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. They look healthy. I've never heard of a bumbo seat...am I dense, or are they newish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they are 6 months already either! E will be 6 months on 11/25, wow! It's so amazing how big and healthy they are now! So cute. -♥- Rachel (For the Birds)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.