Friday, February 15, 2013

Fashion Friday: White Stripes

Top: Zara | Scarf: Vanity | Pants: Paper Denim & Cloth (old) | Boots: Pink & Pepper

I saw a similar outfit on a blog that I adore, Merrick's Art, and decided that I could totally pull off pattern mixing. And I think it worked! This scarf is printed with both a floral and striped pattern already, and when it's paired with a simple striped top, the outfit is much more interesting.

If you're interested in mixing patterns in your outfit, start simple. I have to admit that I usually play it safe with patterns, but adding a printed scarf you love is an easy way to try something new. Also, scarves are super cheap and can quickly be taken off if you decide your outfit is too crazy (unlike a shirt or loud floral pants).

Do you mix patterns? What are your favorite styles to switch up?

5 comments:

  1. I love this and you're so right about mixing the patterns and how to start simple. You look so cute and perfect for the weekend! Nice post Lindsay, stripes are always one of my favorite looks

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I simply love the look of a bright floral mixed with a neutral stripe! You look adorable!

    xo
    summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you were right: you can definitely pull this look off and it's such a great inspiration! I'm obsessed with stripes, and I need to experiment with pattern mixing a little bit more :)

    Have a lovely Sunday!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. this totally works! you look amazing. and i'm obsessed with your boots...so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.