Saturday, September 1, 2012

Brighton

Some close friends of ours recently had their first child, a baby girl, and I made this birth announcement for them to hang in her room. I've seen these floating all over Etsy for a while now, so this was a chance for me to practice. If you'd like one for your baby, let me know! I love the chance to play with Photoshop, and I really don't do a lot with it now that I no longer work for a newspaper.


It's been an interesting week. I always seem to get restless when school starts up again and summer is almost over. I don't miss homework, but I do miss the atmosphere of college and the thrill of learning something new. I think I need to take a class on the side to fill this little hole. Any ideas?

Just one more thought to end this very random post. I caught the movie Pollyanna on TV this afternoon (have you seen that? Sure, it's an oldie, but it's a goodie) and a quote stood out to me that never really has before: "When you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will." It's attributed to Abraham Lincoln, and I think it really applies to me, especially when I'm looking at myself. I think a lot of women are hard on themselves, and we shouldn't be! We should just be trying to do the best we can with what we have.

Anyway, look for that quote as my next printable. I think it's a great reminder.

1 comment:

  1. really?! How much? I want to make one for Dean, but we just got a Mac and don't have photoshop:(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.