Wednesday, July 4, 2012

98 candles

Yesterday we celebrated Grandpa Wertz's 98th birthday. It's pretty fitting that this man, a military veteran who is incredibly devoted to his country, nearly shares his birthday with America's independence day.

And as Grandpa pretended to blow out his candles, Andrew took some pictures of him that I thought would be fun to put together in an animated gif. Even at 98, Grandpa still has a great sense of humor.


I've also been playing with the new flip video camera Andrew scored from Woot lately and recorded Grandpa blowing out the candles -- so you can see him blow them out in real time, too!


Happy birthday, Grandpa! And happy Independence Day, too! I hope it's a great one.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted these pictures!!! I'm sad I missed the party. We'll have to get downt there for it next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.