Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quarter-life crisis


I'm not really having a quarter-life crisis. I just like the lyrics from John Mayer's "Why Georgia" and they're really applying to life now that I'm 25. It's so weird. I feel like just yesterday I was 21 and had just moved to Salt Lake for the first time -- and now, four years later, I'm married and have a home here and life is wonderful.

Andrew surprised me by giving me one present last night (fuchsia jeans!), one this morning (a cute new black skirt) and finally a gorgeous rose gold watch I'd been wanting when he got home from school tonight. Unfortunately, it's monstrous on my wrist with all of the links and we can't find the right tool to take some out, so I can't wear it right now -- but I'll take a picture of it soon!

He also brought me flowers and Del Taco's fish tacos at work (the boy knows me too well) and we went out to dinner at Z'Tejas, where I ordered fish tacos again. Yes, I have an obsession with fish tacos, but it could be worse -- I could have an obsession with polish sausages, for example.

I also got so many nice birthday wishes on Facebook! I'm so over Facebook and rarely update my status or do much with it, but then my birthday rolls around and I remember why I still have a profile. I always feel so loved after getting so many messages from great friends throughout the day.


Here's a picture of me in my birthday pants! Ignore a) the awful circles under my eyes, b) the shadows on the wall and c) my terrible posture. This is what happens when you ask your husband to take a picture of you at 11:45 at night so you have a picture of your birthday outfit for posterity (and your blog). The results are never pretty.

Thanks for making my birthday great and for all the phone calls, texts and Facebook messages! I even got an unexpected call from my former bishop, Bishop Bettinson, that totally made my night -- and I found out he reads my blog and saw the "Sax on the Beach" post. If you're reading this, Bishop B, I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Did your jeans come from Target? Because if so, I just bought the same ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.