Sunday, January 15, 2012

For the longest time

This has been one of the longest and shortest weeks of my entire life. How is that possible, you might ask? Here's how:

I spent eleven hours at work on Tuesday putting together a website that is supposed to launch January 19. That website has now undergone major changes, which kind of freaks me out, but I can do nothing about it until I'm back in the office next Tuesday.

I got about five hours of sleep on Tuesday night and was extremely exhausted at work on Wednesday. When combined with a sore throat and no food, I was basically a wreck. We signed all the documents and made the condo officially ours at noon. After packing two trucks, an Explorer and my Accord full of our stuff, we drove over to the condo and started unpacking. Andrew sent me home soon after because I hadn't eaten anything for hours and had to start fasting so I could get my wisdom teeth out the next day. Then Andrew, his mom and our good friend Anthony made several more trips and got almost everything into the condo.

I got my wisdom teeth out on Thursday morning and spent the day in and out of sleep. Andrew finished picking up the odds and ends left at our old place and started putting things together. Fortunately, we were able to spend Wednesday and Thursday night at his parents' home since nothing was together in our new condo yet. We planned on officially moving in last night, only to find out that the gas company had turned off the gas on Wednesday until we put the utilities in our name. By some miracle, though, the gas was turned on sometime Saturday afternoon -- which means that we can actually start living here now! :)

The good news is that it is FINALLY ours. It seems surreal. Andrew's done a great job of putting things together, and it's looking great. Once I stop swelling and feel a little better, I'll be able to organize things and we'll get some pictures hung on the walls to make it feel more like a home.

I know I've been promising pictures, but the camera is too far away from the couch and I don't feel like getting it and uploading a bunch of photos. More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry because that sounds MISERABLE but CONGRATULATIONS on finally moving in!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.