Sunday, January 8, 2012

Wisdom

Unfortunately, the beginning of 2012 has not brought good news so far. We are still waiting for our condo to close (although it's almost certain that it will happen Tuesday -- cross your fingers!), and a trip to the oral surgeon brought even worse news. After sitting in his office for nearly two hours, I learned that a) I have to have all four wisdom teeth out immediately and b) the jaw surgery that I need will cost $10,000 plus hospital fees -- and that's after insurance covers about $2,000.

Needless to say, it was a frustrating week, and this one is shaping up to be very hectic. Andrew starts school again tomorrow, beginning with a 7 a.m. class, and I get my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. Even if we do actually close on Tuesday, we won't be able to even begin moving until about 8 p.m. that day, and then we'll just have Wednesday night to finish moving/start unpacking before I get my wisdom teeth out and will be out of commission for a few days.

To top it off, my parents are bringing our washer and dryer down from Idaho, so we'll have to have things somewhat put together before they get here so they actually have a place to sleep. I'm really frustrated and mad about how things have gone through this entire process. It's been absolutely ridiculous. Closing this weekend -- or about TWO weekends ago, like we were supposed to -- would have been ideal.

We did do the final walk-through this week, so as soon as I muster up some energy, I'll post some pictures of the rooms. It's going to be wonderful to have our own place and much more space. I just have to keep reminding myself of that, especially as we face another long, busy week.

2 comments:

  1. Sometime being a grown up isn't any fun. I hope it all comes together. If you need anything call. 208-351-0906 I'm not much help since I'm at work all day but I could bring you a smoothie and a smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a crazy busy time for you guys! Hope it all goes smoothly for you! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.