Sunday, April 3, 2011

I want to ride my bicycle

On Friday, Andrew and I went to The Gateway to walk around and enjoy the beautiful weather. We snapped this picture because I was afraid the warmth was too good to be true. Notice that Andrew is wearing a T-shirt, and I have my thin motorcycle jacket on.

The weather was incredible, and I wasn't shivering at all as we walked around different stores and even went to a movie at the Clark Planetarium. I highly recommend The Wildest Dream: Conquest of Everest if you're looking for an awesome documentary. I have been OBSESSED with looking up stuff about George Mallory, who disappeared with his partner, Irvine, on Everest in 1924, and speculating about whether he and Irvine reached the summit.

Then today, we woke up to THIS. I was so upset! Andrew found this darling vintage-inspired cruiser bicycle at a pawn shop on his way to work, and yesterday we went up there and I got to ride it around the block. It was perfect. It's brown, has thick tires, a comfortable, wide leather seat and even a cup holder (which I stuck a glass Coke bottle in to be funny) and a BASKET. So, even though my birthday is still 3 weeks away, Andrew bought me the bike of my dreams. What a guy!

And NOW, with 4 inches of snow and more falling as I write this, I can't even ride my bike around the complex or go for a ride with Andrew around Murray Park. Darn you unpredictable spring weather.

Oh, well. Pictures of me on the bike (taking pictures of it inside the apartment will make me too sad) will soon follow. And it is still a beautiful Sunday and a warm and fuzzy time with Andrew as we eat his chocolate chip-banana pancakes and listen to conference together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.