First of all, thank you so much for your congratulations on Monday's big announcement! It's been hard for me to keep a secret that big (and that exciting), so I felt special to know that all of you thought it was great news, too.
A few more details:
- We found out we were expecting twins in early December and learned that they were fraternal right before Christmas.
- These are natural twins. While we did have to try for a while to have a baby, I didn't take any fertility drugs. My mom is a twin (she has a brother), so I knew that it was possible for me to have twins, since they usually skip a generation and she didn't have twins.
- I have been exhausted for the past few months, which is part of the reason why this blog has slowed down. It's also why I haven't been as regular about visiting your blogs, which I hope to do better at soon! I spent the week of my sister's wedding on bed rest because I got sick and had some other complications. Since then, things have been much better.
- We learned that we were expecting a boy and a girl last Friday, when I was 15 weeks along.
- So far, I am not really showing, but several people have asked me to post a "baby bump" picture, so I may be doing that next week!