Monday, January 13, 2014

This year


I am still loving this picture I took of my niece, Evelynn, at my sister's wedding, and missing the time I spent snuggling her.

While I haven't made any formal resolutions this year, my lovely friend Elle posted these questions on her blog, and I thought it might be fun to answer them in lieu of other resolutions. Feel free to post them yourself and link back! I'd love to read what you have to say.

A bad habit I'm going to break: Putting myself down. I need to have more confidence and know that I can accomplish what I set my mind to.

A new skill I'd like to learn: Knitting and/or crocheting. I see so many cute scarves and hats out there, and I'd love to be able to make something fun for my niece.

A person I hope to be more like: My mom. No matter how tired she is, she always has time to help other people. I know there are so many people who have benefitted from her kindness, even just a loaf of bread or a batch of cinnamon rolls.

A good deed I'm going to do: Volunteer with the Make-a-Wish Foundation. I've wanted to do this for years, but I've never been brave enough to do it. I want to help other kids have the great experience I did.

A place I'd like to visit: Florida. This is kind of cheating, since I know I'll be going there for work in the next couple months, but I have always been intrigued by the land of alligators. :)

A book I'd like to read: "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck. It's been on my list for years, but 2014 is the year that I'm going to make it happen.

A letter I'm going to write: I want to write a letter to my good high school friend Kristen. We live far away from each other now, and I think she'd love to get a letter in the mail.

A new food I'd like to try: Quinoa. I know it's really good for me, and I'm determined to make more of it this year.

I'm going to do better at: Taking pictures. I was pretty good at the beginning of last year, but things have slowed way down (probably because it's cold and gross outside). 2014 will be better!

What are your resolutions?

3 comments:

  1. Learning to knit is one of my goals this year too! I know how to crochet, but I've always wanted to learn how to knit. I think I might actually sign up for a continuing education class because that's the only way I'll make time to do it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pic of your niece is so adorable Lindsay and I love your goals - especially not putting yourself down and I actually still have that book on my list to read also. :)

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list, Lindsay and may steal it for my blog ;)
    And just like you I want to stop letting myself down and do the things I promised myself to do. Let's do it together! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.