Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Writing Wednesday: Babylit


If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen the picture I posted of my new "babylit" books. Haven't heard of them? They're classics rewritten in a simpler format and meant for babies and toddlers to look at — and they're absolutely adorable.

While I don't have any children of my own yet, I absolutely love children's books and am always on the lookout for the latest and greatest. I love these ones because they're true to the original story (Pride & Prejudice even features portraits of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy) but have colorful illustrations and teach kids about opposites, weather, counting, colors and more.

I can hardly wait to have a baby of my own and introduce her to Marianne, Elinor, Mr. Bingley and even Romeo and Juliet. These books are well-made and perfect for parents who want something fresh for their kids to look at.

Do you have any babylit books? What's your favorite children's book?

4 comments:

  1. I like Mo Willem's picture books. My favorite chapter book is "Mandy," by Julie (Andrews) Edwards. You would like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's just because I have boys, but I feel like these books were made more for adults to oooh and ahhhh over than for children to enjoy. I definitely love them and think they're really creative, but I feel like it's only adults that will understand just how creative they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's adorable! i'm known for being The One That Buys Books for every baby shower and for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. I buy them for my adult friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.