Here's how to do it:
1. From your Blogger dashboard, click the drop-down menu next to your name in the right corner of the screen, and then click "Blogger profile."
2. Click the orange "Edit profile" button on the right.
3. Check the box next to "Show my email address."
That's it! SO easy, right? You may be wondering why you should do this, though, so here are several reasons it can benefit you AND other readers:
- It makes it easy for someone to respond to your comment or question. I love receiving your kind comments on my blog, and I'd like to thank you personally or answer the questions you have in an email. Unfortunately, if your profile isn't linked to your email address, I can't email you unless I can somehow find contact info on your blog — and that means I have to leave a totally random comment on your blog answering your question (or not respond at all). Please help a sister out and link your email address so I can connect with you! :)
- Someone can easily contact you about a giveaway. This might sound out of place, but if you read a lot of blogs like I do and enter contests and giveaways, you know that entering your email address and contact information time after time can get REALLY old. When you link your email to your blog, you make it easy for another blogger to contact you. Who knows? You might win a giveaway and not even know because they have no way of getting in touch with you.
- Your followers can quickly see your contact information and get a hold of you. If you don't have an email address listed on your blog that followers can use to contact you AND your profile isn't linked to your blog, it's nearly impossible for people to email you with questions or opportunities. Linking your blog with your email address is a simple way for people to find a way to connect with you.
There you have it. If you're not already linked up, I really encourage you to take a few minutes and make that change. I'd love to be able to respond to your kind comments personally! Do you have more tips on connecting with other bloggers?