Friday, February 1, 2013

Fashion Friday: Olive and mint

Cardigan: Cotton On | Cowl: Beatknits | Pants: Celebrity Pink | Boots: Pink & Pepper

It's kind of hard to tell in this picture (curse you, winter drudgery, making it impossible to take photos outside!), but this cowl is a gorgeous olive green color that looks great with the bright mint. 

I actually had my lovely friend Kirsten make this cowl for me more than two years ago when I saw a similar one on Etsy -- and I absolutely love it still and highly recommend her shop, Beatknits. She makes beautiful pieces that are really warm, and I love the little touches she adds (like the fun wooden button she sewed on this cowl).

Wearing shades of the same color (and then tying them together with neutrals) is an easy way to look polished. And, as I'm sure you've noticed, I wear these boots all the time. Taupe really does go with everything.

What's your favorite shade of green? I'm totally loving mint -- although emerald is the Pantone color of the year, so I may have to invest in that soon, too.

4 comments:

  1. You look so lovely! Mint is one of my favorite colors, but I would have never thought of pairing it with olive green! It's such a great idea and thank you so much for the inspiration! I'm so glad I've discovered your lovely blog! I'm following you to see more inspiration :)

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xx Ivana

    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually wearing a mint sweater today!! Sadly, I don't have an olive green scarf to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right how this is an easy way to look polished by mixing the shades. You look great and I love your Glee post too. It made me smile and I've only seen some episodes, but I like you admit you watch it every week. My family loves it too

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.