Friday, February 22, 2013

Fashion Friday: Choosing chambray

Top: Charlotte Russe | Pants: Celebrity Pink | Boots: Pink & Pepper | Belt: Forever 21

I thought about not posting this outfit, since it's not my favorite look, but I am nothing if not honest on this blog. :)

I have been looking for a chambray shirt for a while, and I finally found this one on sale at Charlotte Russe. I like that it has polka dots and can be knotted in the front, since that's all the rage these days (no, seriously). The problem is that if you have a long torso like me AND you have a hard time finding pants that fit in the waist, you end up throwing on an orange belt to make your pants stay up and throw off the entire look.

So. Learn from my mistakes, and don't wear a belt if you're pairing chambray with black. At least not an orange one that matches approximately nothing. I'll probably try a skirt instead of pants next time.

Do you have a chambray shirt? What are your tips for making it not look so awkward?

4 comments:

  1. I don't have one...because I can't pull them off! I think you look super-cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the orange belt! I think your outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can try layering it--with a sweater over it--if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that top! I have been wanting one with polka dots, I think it looks way cute but a maxi skirt & wedges would be adorable also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.