Friday, December 7, 2012

Fashion Friday: Pink and leather

Jacket: Maurice's (old) | Sweater: Target (old) | Pants: Celebrity Pink via Macy's | Boots: Overstock (old)

I am sorry for the awkward, ugly pictures of me. Unfortunately, lately I've liked my outfits and had Andrew snap a photo, but my hair has been frizzy and uncooperative. I'm actually thinking of growing it out again just so I have the option to put it in a ponytail when it's a mess. And yes -- I am nearly as tall as our tree. Hey, it was cheap and we've had it for three Christmases now. Can't beat that.

Anyway. I've had this jacket for at least three years, and I absolutely love it. Too many people think motorcycle jackets only belong with leather chaps and studded boots -- and while I do have studded boots that I also love (and will have to wear for a Fashion Friday post), I don't wear them with the jacket. Make leather (or faux leather, like this is) work by pairing it with bright colors or -- even better -- feminine pieces like ruffled skirts. And tie it all together with a pair of neutral boots or flats.

Do you have a motorcycle jacket? I'll admit it -- I have two, and I'd love to have a cognac-colored one at some point. Andrew can tell you that I wear them all the time, because they make me feel like I can take on the world. I think every woman should have clothes like that.

1 comment:

  1. I need a biker jacket, I would totally rock one and feel like I could conquer the world.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.