Monday, September 17, 2012

Our state fair is a great state fair

Anybody know what song the title of this post is from? Big kudos if you do!

Andrew and I took a trip to the state fair last Thursday, and I snapped a few photos once it got dark enough for the lights to really pop. We are too cheap to actually ride the rides, but we did enjoy some food (a philly cheesteak for Andrew and a gyro for me), watch crazy divers jump from a 50-foot platform and walk around the photography exhibit for quite a while.




I know I've said it before, but I just love the state fair. It's not quite the same to go to Utah's when I grew up going to the Eastern Idaho State Fair in Blackfoot and checking out my purple ribbons in the 4-H booths (yes, I was a 4-H nerd, and no, I still don't enjoy sewing). But it's full of smoked turkey legs, corn dogs, ponies, music, Ferris wheels and carousels, and it's an excuse once a year to go a little crazy.

Stay tuned for a video of an amazing military band that I wanted to follow through the entire fairgrounds (and probably would have, had I not been starving and needing to find food)!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have a fair post coming up, and I was going to use the State Fair song too! Well, I guess my post won't be as exciting. :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, I'm sure your post will be just as exciting. I love seeing your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.