Sunday, October 23, 2011

Andrew channels Martha Stewart

A few days ago, we found a recipe for Martha Stewart's macaroni and cheese and decided we had to try it. I was a bit skeptical, especially since it called for stuff like Gruyere and sharp white cheddar cheese (which obviously weren't available at our local Walmart last night), but Andrew put it all together after church this afternoon and the results were AMAZING:


We just ate a little bit of it because we're heading to dinner in about two hours at his parents' house, but it's creamy and tangy and crispy all at the same time. And, since Andrew decided to make it, I just had to help with clean-up. :)

As for last week, we didn't make it to the Haunted Village and probably won't this year, but we did hit a corn maze in West Jordan and discovered that there IS, in fact, a place in Salt Lake that serves butter brickle ice cream -- Culver's! To think that Andrew and some other friends didn't believe my favorite ice cream flavor (which, until now, I've only been able to get at Big J's in St. Anthony) really existed.

I also love the picture of our funny jack-o-lantern, Buster, below. Now if we only get some trick or treaters this year! We are ready for Halloween.


1 comment:

  1. Oh yum!!! That looks fabulous! And I have to say I have never had butter brickle - so a trip to Big J's is now in order, because apparently I am missing out on a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.