Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago...

I was 14 years old and sitting in my history class at South Fremont High School. I had never heard of the World Trade Center towers and suddenly, I was watching them crumble and wishing I could get the images of smoke and people running through the streets out of my head. It was like seeing a terrible movie, only it was REAL and people around the world were watching others die. The emotions of that day are what I remember most, and I can't forget the emotions of the surrounding months, either.

As I've watched footage from that day today, those emotions have come flooding back. I'm more grateful today for my family, for my incredible husband, for the beautiful area I live in and for the peace and freedom that I have and never even think about.

May God bless America, and may the next 10 years since this tragedy find you in peace. I hope you're all with those you love today and, if not, that they're in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.