Monday, August 8, 2011

One year older (and married, too!)

Andrew and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary August 6. Can you believe it? We've been married for a year! It's crazy how fast the time flew.

We celebrated by taking a trip to St. George Friday to see The Little Mermaid musical at the Tuacahn Amphitheatre, which was wonderful. It was HOT (still 90 degrees at 10 at night) and I had heat stroke and a massive headache by intermission, but the music was great and ensured that I was singing the songs all the way home. :)

We also attended a session in the St. George Temple and went out to dinner for our anniversary at the Anasazi Steakhouse. I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant if you're in St. George. They cook their meat on hot stones, and it makes everything so much softer and juicier. I seriously had the best pork chop ever, and Andrew could not stop talking about how good his chicken was. Plus, they gave us a free cheesecake for our anniversary!

To finish off the trip, we detoured through Bryce Canyon Sunday afternoon and stopped at Cedar Breaks, too. It was beautiful, and the weather wasn't as scorching hot as St. George was. I actually got a little chilly at Cedar Breaks because it was 10, 000 feet high and breezy.






Phew! One year down, eternity to go! :) I love my Andrew, and it was fun to get away with him for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. We just moved from there and I'm sad I didn't get to see Little Mermaid or Grease. Fun stuff and congrats on one year of marriage!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.