Monday, June 13, 2011

With one Accord

Wow. I am just so funny with the blog titles lately! Not. If that fabulous headline didn't give it away, I got a new car last Tuesday -- yes, the day after I sold my little Cabrio and my heart was breaking. I have a talent for selling cars (and no patience for shopping for new ones).

It's a 2004 Honda Accord, and it has a killer stereo, power seats, a nice interior, massive trunk and plenty of room for hauling stuff around -- eventually. It also has a V6 engine, which may get me into trouble soon. :)


In other news, my parents and youngest sibling, Reggie, came down Friday night to visit us! It was an abbreviated trip because my mom had to be back on Sunday to teach her YW lesson, but it was nice to have them here. We didn't do much, but here are a few of the things we did.

- Stayed up until 1 a.m. watching Napoleon Dynamite
- Slept in for hours Saturday morning
- Went to the fabric store to fix my sewing machine
- Bought a bunch of secondhand children's books for my collection and my mom's elementary library
- Had yummy turkey burgers that Andrew barbecued
- Went to another barbecue with some friends and ate too much seviche and guacamole
- Ate giant milkshakes from Iceberg

I miss my family already, but I'll see them again in another month because my brother, Randall, is getting married July 30. This is crazy to me. Everyone is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.