Sunday, June 5, 2011

Goodbye, Cabrio!

After a year and four months of bliss, I sold my adorable little Cabrio yesterday. I have been thinking about it for a while, and I decided that it was better to sell it now in order to get something more practical while we have some money -- before it's a necessity when we're expecting a child in the next few years.

That all makes me sound very sensible, but the truth is, I'm kind of sad about it. That little car has been perfect for me, and I'm really going to miss it when the buyer comes to pay for it and take it away tomorrow. It wasn't perfect, especially since Andrew spent hours yesterday replacing the right axel before the buyer came to look at it, and it was really loud with the top up when we drove it on the highway. But it was red and small and sporty and simple, and I loved having the car I'd always wanted when I was 16.

It also means that starting tomorrow evening, I am out of transportation and have to start car shopping again -- a process I absolutely HATE. But this will allow us to get something a little bigger with four doors and a hard top that gets better gas mileage, too.

So I've posted a picture of my car here for you all to see and remember. I know it's silly to get so attached to a car, but I want to look back on it later and remember the good times. Goodbye, Cabrio.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsay, I can totally relate! I felt that way when I sold my bug and I still feel melancholy when I see one driving down the street. It's a sad thing to grow up, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.