Monday, May 9, 2011

Paint with all the colors

Excuse the lame Pocahontas reference -- it's what came to mind when I was trying to think of a title for this post. We have finally finished painting and have photos, mirrors and shelves hung! All that is left now is doing the trim in our bedroom and touching up the ceiling, doors and closet doors.

We had some fun showing it off to some friends who came to our housewarming party, and the little yellow bedroom was perfect for my aunt Susan, who is in town from Hawaii until next week. It looks like an entirely different place with the fresh paint!

Here are some before pics of the bedroom:




Here are the after pics! Keep in mind that we also bought a new queen-size bed frame and mattress and new curtains, too, so more than just the paint has changed. :)




Andrew also painted the wall in the other room yellow to match the other three walls, so now it actually looks normal! No more ugly teal accent wall! Before:



As you can see, the teal does not exactly go great with the yellow (and, weirdly, the landlord painted the closet yellow, too, but ran out of paint for the last wall). Here's what it looks like now:


OK, the final pictures. I know I've already posted pictures of the bathroom, but we've added a shelf, cute framed prints and new towels and a bath rug since then. I must update with these photos:





Yay! Now you've all taken a tour of our cute little apartment. :) We had a good weekend celebrating Mother's Day and the one-year anniversary of the day Andrew proposed on Saturday. CRAZY that so much time has passed -- and I love him even more now!

Also, sorry to spring two parties in a row on you, BUT I am having a book club/meet the author party this Friday from 7-9 at our complex's clubhouse! My aunt, Susan Law Corpany, is an LDS fiction writer and has a new book, Lucky Change, that was nominated for a Whitney award. Come meet her, learn more about her books and snack on delicious goodies! We'll have giveaways and lots of fun! If you're interested, send me a message and I'll give you the address and directions!

I hope you're all doing well and having a lovely spring! We just want the rain and snow to STOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.