Thursday, February 17, 2011

Love and fish

I hope you all had a happy Valentine's Day! I certainly did. Andrew sent me these beautiful flowers at work and told me he had surprise dinner reservations that night. I was SO EXCITED I could barely get through the last few hours of work.

After driving home with the vase between my legs, slamming on my brakes and sloshing rose water all over my jeans, however, I was not as happy. I stalked through the parking lot, glaring at the man who was staring at my bottom half since I looked like I'd wet my pants, and opened the door to our apartment.

To my amazement, there were pink lights hanging from the ceiling, glasses full of floating candles and sparkly hearts on the walls. My FAVORITE, Norah Jones, was playing from the speakers, and Andrew was waiting in the kitchen to serve me a candlelight dinner! It was a complete surprise. He had gotten off work at 3:30, and I hadn't expected him home until almost 6:00. Andrew made delicious chicken cordon bleu, salad and even grilled asparagus. We had sparkling cider and, for dessert, peanut m&ms and moosetracks ice cream.

To top it off, he also bought me a manicure and pedicure and a cute little sock monkey I fell in love with on one of our trips to Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. I was spoiled rotten. He is a sweetheart.

In other news, we have been talking about getting an aquarium for awhile (yes, I know that sounds weird, but I am not much of an animal person) and last weekend, we finally decided to get some fish! We bought the cutest aquarium that looks more like an indoor water fountain and bought two cichlids, tropical fish from Africa. Sadly, they were both dead less than two days later. It was incredibly sad, even though I'm sure it happens all the time. So we now have an empty aquarium and have to figure out which fish will actually survive.

I hope to post pictures of the fish soon! Wish us luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.