Monday, November 8, 2010

In a coming day

On Saturday, Andrew and I passed the 3-month mark. I can't believe we've already been married for three months! Time has absolutely flown! It's almost Thanksgiving, and then we're into CHRISTMAS. Ah, Christmas.

I've had a rough few weeks, and yesterday I was reminded again how much I love my husband. He snuggled with me on the bed and just let me cry for a few minutes. Then he gave me a blessing. It was the first time my HUSBAND had given me a blessing, and it was incredibly special. How amazing is it to have such a wonderful man who holds the priesthood by my side through eternity!

And even though he wasn't scheduled to work until 1 in the afternoon today and could sleep in a little, (a luxury he rarely gets) he got up while I was still in the shower and made me breakfast and lunch! I came home to find that he had vacuumed the floor, done the dishes and folded the laundry before he went to work.

Then tonight, he surprised me by pulling up Elder McConkie's final testimony on YouTube so we could watch it for FHE. He told me he just really likes it, which is true, but it was also a reminder to me that the Savior has suffered everything for us. He knows when I have a bad day. He knows what it's like to feel alone. And He knows how to help us feel better.

I'm grateful for an incredible husband who sacrifices so much to make me feel happy again, and I'm grateful for a Savior who made the ultimate sacrifice. I will be able to see Him in a coming day with Andrew at my side forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.