Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding bells and blues

The wedding is coming right up, and I already have something blue -- the wedding blues.

Maybe it's because my family is living in Idaho and trying to plan things without me there, and I miss them. Maybe it's because I am realizing just how much everything is going to cost. And maybe it's because I feel like I'm being bossy and stubborn -- and I hate feeling like that.

So from this point on, it's time to focus on the best parts of this wedding, the parts that I'm excited about! I think every bride gets a little down when the planning is about through and you're still not sure how everything will come together. Here is my list of happy thoughts:

Bridal pictures. Andrew's sister, Mary, has been awesome through this whole process and took some of our engagement pictures. Now she's doing bridals for me this weekend, and I'm actually excited for them! I'll have pictures in the area of Idaho that I love and miss the most -- and I'll be in my beautiful white dress. :)

Family. One of the things I'm most excited for with this wedding is the chance to have all of Andrew's family together. I see a lot of his parents, and I love them. It's nice to feel at home since my parents are far away right now. But this will bring all seven of his siblings together. I'm also incredibly excited for all of my family to be with me and celebrate my marriage.

Flowers. My cousin Sabrina is making the bouquet, boutonnieres and corsages, and I can't wait to hold them and to see my parents and Andrew's parents wearing them! I'm also stoked for the flowers we'll have as decorations. My dreams of a vintage-style reception are coming true!

Andrew. In just a few short weeks, I will kneel over an altar and be wed for time and all eternity to the man I love SO MUCH. He makes me happy just by walking into the room or opening the car door for me. How could I be blue when I'm marrying the man I've hoped for and dreamed of for so long?

The blues have gone away! Now I'll have to find something else for the old wedding tradition...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.