Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Raindrops on roses

I have been out of ideas on things to post lately, because I lead a very boring life. :) So it's once again time for a "favorite things" post! I think you just have to post things sometimes to keep yourself happy -- especially when you just shelled out more than 300 bucks to fix the brakes on your new car and paid the same amount in car insurance. Money, at least for me lately, is meant to be spent on cars and cars alone.

For those of you who DO have money to spend, however, I am going to list some of my favorite things. Most of them aren't too expensive, and one of them you just can't afford... you'll see why in a minute. :)

Andrew Wertz Wilcox. I hope he's not mad that I put his full name on here, but I think it's so AWESOME to have a cool last name as a middle name -- infinitely more interesting than my middle name, Michelle. He definitely tops my list of favorite...er...people ever. He fixed my glove box the other day, even though it was snowing outside and it took about an hour and a half to figure out how to repair it. He thinks I'm funny, and he holds my hand all the time -- which means I don't embarrass him! Can it get any better? :)

Bath and Body Works lip gloss. Just tonight, I stocked up on my favorite lip glosses because they were on sale, and it made me so happy! They're shiny, smell good, tingle your lips when you put them on and freshen your breath! They're pretty amazing, I must say.

Cafe Zupas. Maybe it's because it's right across the street from work, or maybe it's because they have my FAVORITE things, soup, sandwiches and dessert. Whatever the reason, I am completely obsessed with Zupas. For my Idaho friends, I'm afraid you'll have to come visit me down here and go to lunch with me, because they're kind of a Utah thing. However, you can check them out here. Today, I didn't have time to pack a lunch (and sadly, I didn't care), so I had the salmon chowder. Yum! The lobster bisque is to die for, too. Mmmmmmmm. I'm hungry.

Pandora. If any of you are not on the Pandora train yet, you really need to be. All you have to do is enter your email address and pick a band or singer you like, and voila! Pandora's beautiful magic box opens and you have an incredible personalized radio station! I have bought more music because of Pandora than listening to the radio for years with my parents in the car (although that MAY have had something to do with it anyway). Try it out if you haven't already. I promise you'll love it. Just be warned that you only get 40 hours free listening a month -- sadly, I always run out long before the month is over with my pathetic work days. :)

That's all for now! I'm tired and craving a yummy turkey avocado sandwich from Zupas, which means it's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.