Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays

It's the most wonderful time of the year, right? Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow? Wrong. Whoever wrote that song had clearly never been to Idaho in the middle of winter.

I have been at home for exactly two days, and already I have had to crawl along the road and the highway going 40 so I don't slide off the road. As if that weren't bad enough, I forgot to start the dishwasher at my apartment before leaving for Christmas break, which means there is an entire load of dirty dishes just sitting there gathering bacteria. For someone with OCD tendencies, this is like the kiss of death.

And to top it off, I mysteriously got a flat tire (gee, I wonder if the mounds of snow and sharp black ice had anything to do with that) and we can't find our air pump, so I am stuck here at my house until we can get it pumped up enough to go to Les Schwab, at which point I will also have to buy new tires, since mine are bald.

OK, this sounds very angry and Grinchy. I really do like Christmastime and I love being with my family. I love how falling snow looks, and I like being bundled up in warm socks and blankets drinking hot chocolate and watching corny chick flicks with my mom.

I just want to get back down there and clean those dishes and maybe do some Christmas shopping. That's all I ask.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, that sucks about the dishes, but oh well. We'll survive, maybe ;p. Hope your Christmas break is fun, it sucks about the flat tire. I'm not looking forward to driving in the snow, here in Az the only snow we have right now is on the mountain so it's going to be a brown/green Christmas for my family again. Oh well I like the warm weather. Merry Christmas Lindsay!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.