Tuesday, October 21, 2008

three inches tall

Have you ever come back from somewhere feeling great about yourself, only to realize that someone else is prettier, more talented, more athletic, and wittier than you? I'm kicking myself for feeling like this, but I feel about three inches tall.

I'm a senior in college now, and I feel like I've missed out on the "college experience." I never stay up until 2 a.m. eating pizza and playing video games. I don't cut class to go to a concert in Salt Lake City. I never go to big events on campus, and I always seem to be doing homework at my apartment. I'm 21 years old, almost done with school, and I feel like I've squandered my time here. What a horrible feeling, to feel like you're boring and uninteresting because you've never really done any of the typical college things.

It's good for me to write this, though. Maybe I'll feel better if I order some cheap Little Caesar's pizza and stay up till 3 in the morning watching SNL reruns.

Naw, probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.