Ack! I'm so far behind! Henry and Norah will be 17 months on Tuesday, and I meant to blog in September. Obviously that didn't happen.
BUT! We bought a new home and moved in Sept. 3, so unpacking, figuring out where things are and trying to decorate a bunch of different rooms while still working full time has taken most of my energy. Henry and Norah were also sick this week (Norah spent Saturday night puking and slept almost the entire day Sunday), but they seem to be on the mend.
Pictures of our house will be coming soon (when we have pictures on the wall and no boxes left), but for now, I'm trying to capture the details of what Henry and Norah have been up to at 16 months.
- Still has four teeth on the bottom and two on the top
- Is wearing 12-18 month clothes and a few 18-month onesies
- Probably weighs about 26 pounds and has grown a bit taller since his 15-month checkup
- Loves babbling and yelling at the top of his lungs (especially in the car)
- Says "bye-bye," "ba" (for ball) and "hi" now in addition to "mama" and "dada"
- Is fascinated by the garage door and loves to push the button to close it and watch it shut
- Loves going up and down the stairs and starts scooting backwards on his tummy way before he even reaches the steps (and still loves being chased on them at Grandma's house)
- Is currently obsessed with the blue bulb syringe we used to clean out his nose with and loves to suck on it
- Loves shutting doors and playing in our bedroom and the bathrooms
- Eats really well and especially loves green beans, yogurt and PB&J sandwiches
- Still likes hiding in corners (including his closet) and being completely silent
- Loves waving both arms wildly at people with a huge grin on his face when saying goodbye
- Absolutely hates having his diaper changed and has to hold a phone or the diaper cream (?) to hold still long enough for us to change it
- Loves to play in the windows of our house and gets so excited when he sees Dad come home
- Really likes his new Fisher Price popper toy, sitting in the red Cozy Coupe (but not driving it), playing with Dad's phone and pushing the horn button on his plastic keys
- Has quite a bit of red in his hair now, and it looks strawberry blonde in the sun
- Still loves to look at books and often climbs up on the chair with whichever one he can find
- Is practically running now, even though he's only been walking for a short time
- Loves playing on the front steps with Norah and running down the driveway
- Has four teeth on the top and just got a third tooth on the bottom
- Is obsessed with shoes and loves to carry them around and put them in her toy shopping cart
- Still loves necklaces and gets mad when Henry tries to wear one and yanks it away
- Is eating much better and loves bananas, honeydew, cheese, PB&J sandwiches and yogurt
- Hasn't gained much weight and probably still weighs about 21 pounds (but seems to be getting taller)
- Loves to bob her head, bounce up and down, and shake her bottom whenever she hears music playing (even in church)
- Waves to everyone now in kind of a Miss America wave, especially when we're in my work parking lot
- Says "uh oh" and "whoa" all the time still, "ba" for ball, "hi" and "bye-bye" in addition to "mama" and "dada" and is trying to say "thank you"
- Still wears some nine-month onesies but mainly wears 12-18 month clothes
- Is finally growing more hair, and it usually sticks straight up in the front
- Loves pushing her shopping cart or popper around, playing in the Cozy Coupe and climbing up on the chair in the basement to look at books
- Likes going up the stairs like Henry does but goes much slower and usually just stops on one of the steps
- Loves playing on the front steps and running down the driveway and trying to go into the road (so we're teaching her to stay on the sidewalk)
- Has to drink out of Henry's sippy cup and carry it around with hers (especially at church)
- Loves peek-a-boo and covers her face with her hands while we're changing her diaper
- Has a lot of fun at bath time but always has to drink the bath water
- Gets really excited to see the TV now and points at it since we didn't have it up for three weeks when we moved (not because she watches it, but because she likes the bright colors)
- Likes to kick balls around the house, which makes us think maybe'll she'll play soccer
- Loves shutting doors but gets mad when they're shut because she can't open and close them again
These two are completely different but still play together pretty well -- and they get sad when one is sleeping or isn't feeling well and can't play. I love watching their relationship grow.