Friday, April 18, 2014

28 weeks

Top: Old Navy Maternity | Necklace: GroopDealz | Pants: H&M Maternity | Sandals: Shoe Carnival

I am officially beginning the third trimester next week! While I look pretty normal in this picture, Andrew actually snapped it right before I realized that my legs and feet were so swollen that I could barely get my jeans off. In fact, two women from our church stopped by a few minutes later to see how I was doing and were horrified at how bad my feet looked.

I have to admit that they had a right to be worried. My feet were purple and felt numb and achy when I tried to just walk around the kitchen, and my calves were humongous. They quickly instructed Andrew not to let me walk around, put some ice on my feet and keep my legs elevated.

After they left and Andrew helped me get my jeans off (you lose all sense of independence when you're expecting twins), I had a mini breakdown, worrying that I wouldn't be allowed to travel to Idaho next week for my birthday, my baby shower and my brother's mission farewell — which are all crammed into one weekend.

Fortunately, thanks to some prayers, loose skirts and coworkers who made sure I didn't walk around at all at work, the swelling has gone down considerably, and I'm still allowed to travel to Idaho as long as I'm careful and take breaks to stretch my legs. I have never felt so thankful.

In other news, the twins now weigh two pounds (the boy is 2 pounds, 3 ounces, and the girl is 2 pounds, 4 ounces) and are kicking up a storm. They still like to wake me up around 3 a.m. every night for their happy hour, and I can feel them rolling around and doing somersaults. They also really seem to like acoustic guitar music — which makes me very happy. They have great taste. :)

9 comments:

  1. Happy third trimester! So glad things are working out for you to go to Idaho! Enjoy your trip and your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maternity clothes have come a long way in 15 years. You look great. Glad you and everyone else are taking care of you. Happy pre-birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe you're having twins, that is so so fun! But, I'm sure things like the swelling aren't always fun :( but just think how fun it will be for them to grow up together so super close, so cute. Anyway, you look great! Love reading your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I remember those times! But my boy is now already 9 years old! hehe! Enjoyed this post, Hugs, Sissi

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great to see you smiling Lindsay. But yes, some of the experiences of being pregnant can definitely be challenging. Well done to Andrew, he is a wonderful helper.
    Have a great, easy week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! Sorry to hear about your swollen feet and calves Lindsay, but it's good you got elevated with ice on them. :) You look really beautiful and it's so fun to see your bump grow. Your Savvy Sleeper is on it's way too. A pre- Mother's Day present. hehe

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your swollen feet and ankles. Glad you have wonderful coworkers to help you keep your feet up! That really helps!
    I had terrible edema with Henry. When I went in to get a pedicure, the pedicurist was shocked-she called several of her coworkers to come over and look at my feet. Totally horrifying! But she did spend extra time on my feet. :)

    You look fantastic mama! Keep up the good work! Baby growing is tough (but rewarding) business! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.