Friday, October 25, 2013

Fashion Friday: How to style a vintage dress


Dress: Vintage | Cardigan: Costco | Boots: Bouquets (old)

I bought this vintage 1970s dress on Etsy about four years ago, but I've only worn it a handful of times since the color is most appropriate for fall. I love the pockets and the brass buttons, but it makes me look busty when I wear it alone.

Enter the black cardigan. I threw this on partly because I was freezing, but I think it and the black boots tie the look together and make it more modern.

If you're trying to style a vintage dress (or even one that you've had in your closet for years), try adding a cardigan or even a belt to add interest. It can change your entire outfit! I have a feeling this dress will get more wear now that I have a better way to style it.

Do you have any vintage dresses? How do you bring them into the 21st century?

9 comments:

  1. You look nice, and wherever you are looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a vintage dress. I didn't buy it, it's one I've hung on to. I haven't tried it on in years, and I should. It's a light pink floral, but not to crazy. It's the cut that I like. It's June Clever-ish, though I don't have June's tiny waist. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I know my grammar needs help... with the "to's". Don't kill me, I'm an art major. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try your vintage dress on again, Connie! I bet it looks great on you. And I am not judging. You should see MY artwork. Terrible. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this dress on you Lindsay and i know what you mean about Vintage dresses. Sometimes they're cut in a weird way or too long. I love how you added the sweater with it and I always add either modern jewelry and heels or a sweater like you. Great photos and I love the green earrings too.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect fall dress and had no idea it was vintage! pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't got any vintage dresses (got to do something about it, I suppose :) but styling one would be a nice challenge. I really like you wearing yours, the colours, the feel, with your pretty dark hair, Lindsay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage dress-especially with the boots! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.