Wednesday, July 17, 2013

27 candles


My wonderful Andrew turned 27 on July 15, and we celebrated with angel food cake (his favorite, specially made my his mom), dinner at Chili's and a late-night showing of Pacific Rim. Oh, yeah. The posh, posh, traveling life for us. But I think he enjoyed himself.

As I was driving home from work yesterday, I was reflecting once again on how grateful I am to have Andrew as my husband. Even when it's his birthday and he has every right to think about the places he wants to go, Andrew is thinking about what would make me happy. He chose a restaurant with food that I could eat (though I continue to ignore my lactose-intolerance and pay for it later). He also knew that I would freeze sitting for two hours in a chilly theater without a jacket (I have circulation issues even in July), so we made a quick pit stop at Target to buy a cheap baby blanket for me to wrap up in before going to the movie. Who does that on their birthday?

I feel overwhelmed with gratitude right now for the incredible man who became my husband nearly three years ago, and I still can't believe that I deserve his love. Happy birthday, Andrew! So glad I got to celebrate with you.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Andrew! So you skipped the molten lava cake at Chili's? Wow. That is restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful birthday!! And he sounds like a wonderful man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to Andrew! He sounds like such a nice, considerate person :)

    Em

    Win $100 from Manitobah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.