Friday, January 4, 2013

Fashion Friday: Grey skies

Lace top: Utah State Fair (but you can find similar ones at DownEast) | Top (under lace): DownEast Outfitters | Jeans: Refuge via Ross | Boot socks: Pick Your Plum | Boots: Shoe Carnival | Necklace: Maurice's (Christmas gift)

This was my New Year's outfit -- although we spent the evening with family watching movies and playing with kids and didn't go anywhere. Also, I fell asleep on the couch at about 11 (though Andrew insists it was 10) and Andrew and his sister worked on a puzzle until I woke up at about 12:30 and we went home. Oh, what an exciting life we lead. :)

While it's hard to tell in this picture, I took a risk and paired grey with brown and like how it turned out! Boot socks are an easy way to make an outfit cuter (and warmer, if you're living in a glacier like we are right now); I got mine for around $10, and they keep my legs toasty.

Also, you may have noticed that I don't wear a lot of jewelry (read: I never wear necklaces). This is partly because I have a lot of sensitive scar tissue on my neck from a surgery and partly because I feel like most necklaces look weird with my clothes. However, I do have some cute necklaces, and I love this one that my sister picked out for me this year. I plan on wearing them more often.

Finally, this has nothing to do with fashion, but I had to share this picture of me cuddled up in the beautiful minky blanket my talented sister-in-law made me for Christmas. It's my favorite thing in the world right now. I'm going to turn into Linus and start dragging it with me to work. Thanks again, Mary!


7 comments:

  1. my upper chest is sensitive, so i tend to wear a lot of v necks, so it won't break out into a rash. i totally understand about the no necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one, Elle! I should definitely wear more v-neck shirts to avoid irritating my skin.

      Delete
  2. I think you took a good risk and the outfit looks great! I like the combo of the two shades,

    xoDale
    http://www.savvyspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm glad you took the risk. I'm trying to be a little more daring with my outfits. It's a rather slow process. :) Also, I have such a hard time wearing jewelry, too. I think the same thing: they just don't look right with my clothes. Again, work in progress. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! I never wear much jewellery, I am always too lazy and forgetful to remember to put it on then I always take it off pretty sharpish after! lol
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lacey! I forget to put jewelry on, too. I must be better at remembering. :)

      Delete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.