Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was away from my family this year because we spent last weekend with them to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary, my grandma's 80th birthday and my aunt's 50th birthday -- and we also watched my brother in his ridiculously funny turn as Edna Turnblad in "Hairspray." Seriously, he was absolutely hysterical. I have never laughed so hard (or been as horrified) in a play. 


We had a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with Andrew's family instead, and I took an extra-long nap when I got home, in part due to food coma and in part due to a cold that I'm fighting. It's been a good day.

And, while I didn't participate in the Facebook gratitude marathon, I wanted to list a few things that I'm thankful for:
  • Family. My family is very direct, and we speak our minds to each other -- which can often lead to some heated arguments when we're all together. But the past year has been pretty wonderful. We have fun going to cheesy movies (remember The Vow, Lauren?), perusing the racks at DI in Rexburg and eating my mom's to-die-for caramel dumplings.
Side note: My sister (in the stripes) told me I'd probably hit a growth spurt since everyone kept telling me I was so tall. Seriously? I am 25. Don't people hit their peak at like age 20? And she's about to graduate from nursing school. Highly suspect.
  • Andrew's family. I'm so grateful that I married into a family who loves me and accepts me. My mother-in-law is always willing to help me with sewing mishaps that occur or just lend a listening ear, and Andrew's siblings are constantly inviting us over for dinner on Sundays. We also frequently stay with his sister in Idaho when we're visiting my parents and actually stayed up till nearly 2 a.m. talking and laughing with them last weekend (sorry, Mary and Daniel).
  • My amazing husband. Who orders birthday cake Oreos online because I'm disappointed that we can't find them in stores? Who brings the space heater out and plugs it in two feet away from me because my hands are cold? Who goes out to the car to grab the iPod I left in it at 11 at night because I'm afraid of the dark? That's Andrew. I love him so much.

There are so many things I'm grateful for, but what's better than family? I hope you were able to spend this holiday with yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.