Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our new home in photos

It's the moment you've all been waiting for (OK, not really, but some of you are actually curious)! I finally got around to taking pictures of our new home! Don't judge me -- I know better than to take photos at night instead of using the natural light that filters through the window, but that is the only option when you work full-time and it's dark by the time you get home. :)

Our little kitchen (complete with Valentine's Day lights).
Living room

Office/craft room
Guest room (with my grandma's handmade quilt)
Bathroom. There's just one, but it's big and has double sinks!
Master bedroom

And there you have it! I am wishing the pictures were better now, because we absolutely love the paint, carpet and tiles in the condo. Everything is a nice neutral color, which allows me to feed my obsession with RED. :)

Also, did you notice my amazing Christmas present from Andrew in the pictures above? That's right, it's a digital piano -- and I absolutely love it. When we made the offer on the condo, I told Andrew that we had to get a piano now that we had our own place. Unfortunately, a piano would never have made it up the three flights of stairs without being seriously damaged, so the compromise was a digital piano.

I tried out several, but this one was the right price and has a wonderful sound. It also has weighted keys like a real piano and can be hooked directly to Garage Band via a USB cable -- which means I could record a song directly onto my laptop! I'll be trying that out soon.

Thank you again to those of you who came to our housewarming party last weekend! We loved seeing you and sharing our new home with you. I was overwhelmed that night by the love I felt from so many people that stopped by. We have some really amazing friends and are incredibly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Your new home is fabulous! And goodness I love that quilt.

    By the way, I saw the post about your family, and I just wanted to let you know that they're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.