My friend Jules tagged me in a post last week, and I haven't done one of these Q&A sessions in awhile, so I thought this might be kind of fun! Maybe you'll want to do it, too.
- Post these rules
- Post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
- Go to their blogs and tell them they’ve been tagged! (which I won't do -- don't feel like you have to take the time to do this)
11 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I absolutely HATE Provo, Utah, and will avoid going there at all costs. There are several reasons.
- My hair used to be wavy until high school -- and then it went crazy curly.
- I follow more than 30 blogs -- and I'm OCD enough that I read at least half of them daily.
- I have sung "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid in a fin and swimsuit at least three times.
- I kill plants easily by forgetting about them and have named each of my cactuses (Spike I, Spike II, etc.)
- I am so paranoid about becoming a hoarder that I take things to the DI at least once a month.
- Hair absolutely grosses me out. I would rather scrub a toilet than sweep a floor.
- I disliked planning my own wedding, but I love the idea of decorating/photographing someone else's.
- Commercials that include cats irritate me. However, I do like kittens.
- My favorite movie is You've Got Mail. I could watch it every day and never tire of it.
- I sometimes wish I had been born in the 1940s. I love high-waisted skirts and pin curls.
11 QUESTIONS JULES ASKED ME:
1. What is currently your go-to outfit? A pair of skinnies, black motorcycle boots and a black lace shirt.
2. If you could be a character in a fiction novel, who would you be? Anne of Green Gables. She's spirited, brilliant, impulsive and flawed -- but she snags the incredible Gilbert in the end.
3. When did you start blogging & why and is it different from your current blogging style? I started blogging in 2008 because I wanted a better way to record my thoughts than in a hardbound journal. The way I write now has changed a bit. I'm not as concerned about what people think and whether they're reading it. I just write the things I want to write and tell people what's going on in my life.
4. What is your all-time favorite album? Weezer's "Blue."
5. Are you closer to your mother's or father's side of the family? My dad's. Unfortunately, my mom's side is just too big. I am very close to several of my aunts, though.
6. Which celebrity do friends say you look like? I have had several people tell me I look like Audrey Hepburn, but they are both very nice and very delusional. I have dark hair and dark eyes, but the similarities stop there. That said, I love it when people say I look like her, because she was gorgeous -- and a lady.
7. What advice would you give your fresh-out-of-high-school self? Don't worry so much about what everybody thinks. In college you can be awesome. Nobody cares how popular you were in high school.
8. Best & worst reality TV shows, go: The best is "Restaurant: Impossible" or "Project Runway." The worst is anything with a plastic-y looking woman in it (i.e. "Jersey Shore," "Real Housewives," etc.). Actually, I've never seen either of those -- they just look terrible.
9. First kiss? Last kiss? The first was with a terrible college boyfriend right before I left for Hawaii. The last (obviously) was with my wonderful Andrew.
10. You're offered a job in both New York and L.A. Where do you move? Definitely New York. Broadway, pizza joints, history on every corner. I would love it.
11. Cosmetic/luxury item you can't live without: I love lip gloss. I probably have 10 tubes right now.
11 QUESTIONS FOR THOSE I'VE TAGGED:
1. What have you written that you're most proud of?
2. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?
3. What food do you crave most at night?
4. What would your dream job be?
5. Who inspires you to be a better person?
6. List your favorite children's books.
7. Which current movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
8. What is the name of a pet you've had (or one you'd give a future pet)?
9. What is your dream car?
10. Do you prefer '70s or '80s music?
11. How do you feel about ponchos (the knitted sweater kind)?
WHO I TAGGED:
Whoever else wants to answer questions!