Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In a bit of a rut


Unfortunately, I was a little presumptuous in my last post. We are still waiting to close on our condo, and it looks like it's not going to happen until next week. I hate being in limbo. We haven't packed anything because we don't know when we'll be moving, and I just don't have the heart to put things away right now or organize the messy desk. To me, mess = stress. Sigh.

We did have a nice Christmas with my family in Idaho, and we drove home that night so we could spend the next day with Andrew's family. Andrew surprised me with some gorgeous handmade jewelry from Etsy (yes, I am obsessed) and the final three seasons of Gilmore Girls! Yesssssss. We also spent the evening with friends yesterday watching another one of my Christmas presents, The Help. If you haven't already seen it, go rent it. It always makes me a little sad, but it's a great movie -- and a great book as well.

Since I haven't taken many pictures of us lately, here's one of us in front of our Christmas tree.


Unfortunately, it's not great because a) we were both exhausted and b) I am going through an ugly stage. Seriously. I don't know if any of you go through times when you absolutely hate your hair, but I'm in that phase now. I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut it soon, because I can't stand it anymore. And, of course, the braces aren't doing me any favors. I feel so ugly all the time, especially at work.

One of my new year's resolutions this year is going to be a selfish one. I'm going to start getting up earlier and actually doing hairstyles and makeup ideas I've found on Pinterest. I'm going to lay out the clothes I'm going to wear the night before instead of scrambling in the morning and ending up hating everything in my closet. I want to be one of those people who looks put-together every day, and I know I can do it. I just need some self-confidence again to get myself out of this rut.

Are any of you in a style/self-esteem hole? Maybe it's just the cold weather and the awful Utah smog. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you're anticipating a happier new year! I know I am. :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate the stress of a pending move, because it's always equal parts joy and frustration. I hope you get to move in soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.