Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Water, water everywhere

This past weekend was the first time I've been away from Andrew since we've been married! It was kind of weird to make the drive up to Idaho by myself and to not have him with me while I visited with my family. But I'm glad I went up there to get to know my future sister-in-law better.

After camping in Firth Friday night for the Mortensen family reunion, I went shopping in Rexburg and helped my mom with the bridal shower for Megan, my brother's fiancee. It was fun to hang out with family and remember my own bridal shower, which happened about the same time last year.

It was also a rather eventful week because of this:



This is a picture from KSL of a parking lot in our condo's complex that was flooded Friday morning by the Little Cottonwood Creek, which also flooded Murray Park and caused our neighbor's sewer to back up. Every morning when we left the house for work, we were putting all of our belongings up on the table, couch or bed and praying we wouldn't come home to a flooded apartment. It looks like the worst has passed, but we're praying that the water doesn't get any higher! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.