Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas!

Andrew surprised me by sending me the most beautiful roses at work yesterday! It was such a wonderful present and absolutely made my day.

We are excited to celebrate our first Christmas together tomorrow. We've been watching Christmas movies nonstop, we baked about 100 sugar cookies that are probably going to be thrown away since we doubled the recipe and forgot to add baking soda and, I suspect, extra sugar. And our stockings are hung by the fireplace with care and red and silver presents are already piled beneath the tree.

I have also bought A LOT of Christmas music and make Andrew listen to it whenever we go anywhere. One of my favorite parts of the season was singing "Breath of Heaven" at the Relief Society party a few weeks ago. It's a beautiful song that always reminds me of Mary, who sometimes gets forgotten this time of year. It also reminds me of the Savior's humble birth. It's always a miracle to me that He was born in a barn surrounded by animals. I can't even imagine having a baby on my own in a barn -- especially the Son of God, destined to save us all.

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas! We are so grateful for your friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.