Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hot air AND balloons

I had an EXCELLENT 23rd birthday last weekend, and there are still reminders of it in my room because of my fantastic boyfriend, Andrew! On Thursday evening, I came home to THIS:

There were (and still are) balloons covering the bed and the floor, streamers hung from the walls and ceiling, "happy birthday" posters on my mirror, and confetti all over the place. I have tracked confetti through my entire apartment. There was even some in the bathtub. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my man!

Then, on Friday, my parents and sister came down and we went to The Olive Garden and to the Gateway Mall. Saturday morning rolled around and my family, Andrew and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. It was really hot, and we both got a little sun, but the flowers were really pretty.

To top things off, Andrew took me to my favorite restaurant, Thaifoon, for honey walnut chicken and we watched Sweet Home Alabama in Cinderella Park on his laptop. He even made me a rainbow cake with homemade frosting on Sunday and gave me a cute pair of earrings, a copy of one of my favorite books, The Count of Monte Cristo, and one of my favorite musicals, The Sound of Music.

Life is so spectacular! I am 23, completely in love with the perfect man for me, have a job that pays the bills, a cute little convertible and a fun apartment to hang out in. What could be more exciting than that? 

3 comments:

  1. jealous!

    Oh, and happy birthday really late! We'll have to get together one of these days so I can meet this perfect man of yours! ;)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last comment was from me, Robin, not the stake. That's weird. Gotta change that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.