Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow day!

Despite yesterday's blog about being sad not to be a kid again, I once again felt like I was in elementary school today when I woke up at 5 a.m. to hear the phone ringing.

Most people would be upset to receive a call that early in the morning, but not my family. For us, it means that my dad, who is a high school counselor, has gotten a call from someone in the school district telling him that school has been canceled. And for me, a 21-year-old who clearly wouldn't care whether there is school or not, it means an extra day of Christmas vacation for my family and time for my mom to help me make a Christmas dress! Yessss.

Except that now, since my sister made the poor man feel bad by snarling "Hello?" into the receiver since she was mad at me for not answering the phone, he probably won't be calling anytime soon. But that's OK. One snow day is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! I love reading them.